This policy is effective as of May 22th, 2018.
What information do we collect?
We collect information about you when you provide it to us and when you use Elton Media, as described below.
Information you provide to us
We collect information about you that you provide to us:
- Basic Account information: If you email us through the contact form.
- Communications with us: If you contact us via the Contact form, e-mail or social media, this information is collected.
Information we collect automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Logs: Like most services, we log access to our services in log files. This data includes date and time of access, IP address, browser user agent and the page visited.
- Usage information: We collect information on how you are using EltonMedia.
Information we receive from other sources
In using Google Analytics, EltonMedia employs the “anonymizeIp” feature which masks part of your IP address before storing or processing it.
Our Google Analytics is configured to disable all data sharing options (i.e. our Google Analytics data is not shared with other Google products and services). Google Analytics’ advertising features are also disabled (i.e. Remarketing and Advertising Reporting features).
You can disable Google Analytics tracking completely by using the Google Analytics Opt-out browser add-on.
How do we use this information?
We use the information mentioned above:
- To provide and personalize EltonMedia: We use your information to provide services to you (e.g. monitoring alerts) and to personalize your EltonMedia experience.
- To communicate with you about EltonMedia: We use your contact information to send you e-mail directly relating to EltonMedia (e.g. monitored page alerts). I
- To resolve customer support issues: When you contact us for support, we may use your information to help resolve your problem.
- To improve EltonMedia: We use usage information and customer feedback to identify issues with EltonMedia and make improvements to the service.
- To monitor and prevent security issues with EltonMedia: We use logs and usage information to monitor for suspicious or fraudulent activity.
Do we share this information?
We do not share, sell, rent or trade your private personal information with third parties without your consent, except in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers working on our behalf (Sub-processors): We use third-party Service Providers to provide specific services for EltonMedia. The following third-parties have limited access to your information:
- Google Analytic (Cookies, tracking codes)
- Green Geeks (Hosting and Email Hosting)
- To comply with Laws: If we receive a request for information, we may disclose information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
How do we store and secure this information?
Information storage and security
No service is 100% secure, but we work hard to ensure that we use best security practices when processing your information. Your information is stored as long as necessary at the following locations:
- Customer support communications: Green Geeks Email Hosting (United States)
We do not store credit card information or any other sensitive information on our own servers.
Update and deletion of information
The following data can be accessed and updated:
- General account information: We do not let you register an account on our web page, no access to updating your account or profile is needed.
If you would like to update/delete specific data or completely delete your account, please contact us. Note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes.
How to contact us
205 – 10 E Pender St
Vancouver, BC V6A 1T1
- May 22th, 2018: First revision